Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Roasted Vegetables

Every year summer comes and I have all these grand plans to make food with fruit and veggies at the height of the season, and it never seems to come to fruition. One, I don't like turning on an oven and two, when everything is good as is why would you hide or mask the true flavors of nature's splendor? So I try to keep it simple, enhancing everything with a little salt and pepper.

Roasted veggies are no exception so easy and simple.

40 minutes in the oven at 425 degrees

Ingredients
-Your favorite summer vegetables, mine include green cauliflower, parsnips, carrots and onions
-olive oil to cover your veggies
-salt
-pepper

Place in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.

10 comments:

Conor @ Hold the Beef said...

There is something just so PERFECT about well roasted vegetables. Impossible not to love, I claim!

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

I roast root-veggies a lot in the winter. But this would be a good time to incorporate some different things! The broccoli is a great idea!

Lawyer Loves Lunch said...

These look like such a great way to incorporate more vegetables in our meals. I've been contemplating a meatless Monday but the hubster has adamantly refused (thus far) :)

Simply Life said...

i love roasted veggies and those look perfect!

Velva said...

Fresh roasted vegetables are absolutely delicious.

Like you, each season I have daydreams about what I will do with all the garden vegetables. I have yet to make it a reality. However, I never fail to enjoy the summer abundance of vegetables.

Great post!

Rita said...

I just love roasted vegetables;it bring out all the goodness of each one!
Rita

szenga said...

ditto all ye roasted veggie lovers! It brings out all the best in the veg! Can't wait for peppers to finally make an appearance this summer!

Chef Dennis Littley said...

I just love roasted veggies!! last year at school I started roasting everything...what a difference it makes, and my girls loved them!
great job with your veggies!

Val said...

Love roasted veggies. Whatever time of year it is, I'll always find a good reason to bung some veggies in the oven and roast them. I just love the flavours you get when they're cooked this way.

Diana's Cocina said...

Roasted vegetables are absolutely delicious. What a great dish.