Sunday, February 04, 2007

Roasted Sweet Potato Salad

I purchased 3 lbs of sweet potatoes, the smallest quantity I could buy at Trader Joe's last weekend and was trying figure out how to use the remaining 1.5 pound I did not use in the roasted carrot and sweet potato soup. I came across a recipe I had flagged many many months ago. I loved the recipe because it was simple, easy, tasty and only requires 5 ingredients.

This recipe is so tasty and flavorful, and has the added bonus of being healthful! It comes from the Eating for IBS cookbook.

Makes 4 servings
Cooking Time: 40 minutes (oven time), 10 minutes of prep

Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered length wise
- 1 T olive oil, plus 1 tsp, divided
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
-2 T scallions, chopped

Preparation
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place quartered sweet potatoes in baking dish, drizzle with 1 T olive oiled, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, turn potatoes, and continue to bake for another 15-20 minutes until lightly brown. Remove from oven, let cool. While potatoes are roasting, stir together vinegar, salt, and 1 tsp olive oil together. Set aside. Once potatoes have cooled, chop into bite size pieces and place into serving bowl. Toss together vinegar dressing and scallions, and gently toss together. Serve.

I did not have scallions, so I used onion instead and it was just great! So light, so tasty, so amazing.

No comments: