Sunday, August 12, 2007

Making Eggs in a Basket

I received a few requests on how to make eggs in a basket. I thought I was the only one that didn't!

Ingredients
-Eggs (obvious)
-Bread (preferably wheat)
-Butter or oil (butter tastes best)
-Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation
Heat pan on medium heat with butter/oil. Make a hole in the bread using a cookie cutter. The traditional hole is circular but as you can see from the pictures, I made a star to make it more fun! Place bread on pan and then crack egg into the hole. Season with salt and pepper. After a few minutes or so, when the underside of the bread is toasted, flip. They key is to have the eggs and toast cook at the same rate. You don't want the eggs done before the bread is toasted.

I hope these instructions help!

3 comments:

Truffle said...

I'm going to confess to having never made them before so was so excited to see this. Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent -- thanks for sharing that!

Anonymous said...

mmmm./..I need to make bread today..