Sunday, May 13, 2007

Red Pepper & Broccoli Ginger Stir Fry

I was told by a nutritionist that I need to eat fewer vegetables (and eat more fat) to gain weight! Who would have thought? Apparently, I need to use more oil, butter, and juice to get extra calories in my diet without thinking about it too much. Vegetables are really fibrous so they're really filling but not calorie dense. But I'm attracted to vegetables and with a head of broccoli and red pepper in the fridge calling out to be me used, I decided to make a stir fry for dinner. Prepared in 30 minutes, it's a easy to prepare and packed with nutrients!

Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves 2

Ingredients
-1 T canola oil
-1 head of broccoli
-1 red pepper
-lots of fresh ginger
-good quality soy sauce

Preparation
Chop broccoli into medium size spears and slice up red pepper into strips. Heat canola oil over medium heat and add ginger. Add broccoli and saute until bright green. Add red pepper strips. Cover pot for 5-10 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add soy sauce to taste. Serve with brown rice.

I didn't add enough ginger because that zing that ginger brings was missing. I think perhaps I should have added the ginger after the broccoli because it got really brown, and almost burned so I don't think that helped. Over all though, not bad and it was quick and edible.

No comments: