Monday, May 14, 2007

Strawberry Shortcake



I would say not bad for a first try. My friend was right about the dough being a little sticky. I added a bit more milk than the 3/4 c the recipe called for because the dough was a little dry with a bit of loose flour on the bottom of the bowl. I surmise that because I used 1/2 white whole wheat flour, it needed a bit more milk. Regardless of what type of flour you use, I think starting with 3/4 cup is a good place to start. You can always add more but once it's added you can't get it out!

I thought the flavor, for only having 1/4 c butter, was awesome, and I added 1 tsp of sugar instead of the optional 1 T. My friend also gave me a recipe for super rich short cake which I might have to try out the next time. If this one was very good, imagine how the rich recipe must taste! I can't wait.

This recipe is super simple and took about 15 minutes to bring it all together! So quick, so easy, and everyone was so impressed that I made shortcake.

I rolled out the dough on the Silpat (thank you friends for this suggestion) and the dough just peeled right off, kind of like pulling off a fruit roll (Apricot is my favorite flavor) off the plastic wrap!

No comments: