Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Raspberry Banana Smoothie


No, it is not Pepto Bismol. It's breakfast in a blender. The inspiration came Eating for IBS where I found a recipe for Strawberry Banana Smoothie. The first time, I made this recipe, I followed this recipe to a T (substituting the frozen strawberries with frozen blueberries). It was a bit sweet with the added honey so the next time, I made it without the honey and it was perfection. For this entry, I decided to try raspberries. Leaving out the honey, I found it to be a bit tart. I used a banana that I had placed in the fridge after it had ripened so that it could not ripen further. However, I believe doing this made the banana lose it's sweetness. So don't use bananas from the fridge.

Makes 2 servings
Time: 5 minutes, if that

Ingredients
-1.5 c frozen fruit of your choice, very slightly thawed
-2/3 c vanilla soy milk
-1 tbsp honey
-1 large ripe but firm banana

My modifications
I changed everything. I used 1 cup of frozen fruit because I was making this for one person, namely me! Skipped the honey depending on ripeness of banana and fruit used. 1 medium sized banana. I don't like soy milk products so I used the real stuff in the same amount since I don't like my smoothies to be so thick that I have to use a spoon to eat it.

I find that this makes one very large serving or 2 smaller servings.

I actually have been drinking these for lunch with the warmer weather we've been having and it's really refreshing and filling without being heavy.

No comments: